Saturday, March 17, 2012

LMB: March 17


Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! All is luscious and green, and there's rosemary in the bread!

This week the weather really warmed up, meaning that the dough behaved differently. I used cooler water to try and slow down the rising time, but I guess if the kitchen is 75ºF vs. 65ºF it makes a big difference! One of the bowls of dough was actually spilling over the top!

The extra warmth, in addition to extra time, made this a very intense bread: very sour, very heavy on rosemary. Turns out I picked more rosemary than I needed, so I threw in as much as I thought the bread could handle. On my palette it's great, though some butter or mild cheese would be an excellent way to cut the flavor.






In the next week or two, I hope to procure some photos from the bread workshop I led last weekend, and to offer a blog post about what the workshop was like and how it went (it was great, by the way).

Casting bread on the waters!

No comments:

Post a Comment