Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week I: Micro-Bake Oct. 22


Here's some images of the French Country Levain I baked yesterday, nine loaves in all. For those who are curious, here's some info on the flours and ratios I'm using.

French Country Levain: 90% bread flour, 10% wheat. The bread flour (white) was grown in US, and milled over at Lindley Mills in NC. The wheat flour is Whole Foods Organic Whole Wheat (I'm looking for a more local alternative). The dough is hydrated at 75%, meaning it's super wet, which results in the moist interior of the final loaf (66% is an average hydration level, in comparison).







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of beautiful loaves. With such wet dough do you do much kneading or just a long slow rise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I tried to answer your question in the post today (10/29). I use a long slow rise, with folding/turning the dough at intervals (rather than entirely no-knead). Feel free to inquire about details if you like.

    ReplyDelete