Saturday, January 28, 2012

Micro-Bakery: Jan. 28

Another weekend, another bake. It was a beautiful day to bike around Durham, and after a long, hard week, it was the salve I needed.

I was a little disappointed with the baking process this week, as the mixing, initial ferment, and scoring (slashing) didn't go as planned, but the bread is still good, still holds up as a sturdy staff of life.

In other bread news, I'm super excited about the coming spring because I'm co-leading a workshop on the craft and spirituality of bread-making at Anathoth Community Garden. I finally broke down and ordered copies of some bread books that will be useful teaching aids, and of course, useful tools on this helter-skelter bread pilgrimage.

On a confessional note, I feel like I'm wandering a little aimlessly at the moment, sort of on a bread plateau I don't know how to get past. All I know is that there are deeper springs, deeper wisdoms in the shadow ahead; getting there is another matter. I suppose the best thing to do is to keep walking, keep dreaming. This I'll do, no question.







No comments:

Post a Comment