Sunday, November 13, 2011

Week IV: Micro-Bakery Nov. 12


Well, I just delivered the last loaf of the first four-week micro-bakery cycle (special Sunday delivery). That means 36 loaves baked, and 32 loaves delivered, over 4 weekends (I always eat a loaf myself, it's quality control, right?). What fun. And if it's possible, things are about to get wilder. I'm adding a few more subscription slots (already taken, it looks like), meaning I'll be up to 11 loafs per weekend, 44 loaves per month. Not bad for a teeny-tiny-micro-operation.

The bake this weekend was a little crazy due to a conference at Duke Divinity School titled 'After the Yellow Ribbon.' The conversation centered on 'healing the hidden wounds of war.' Tough stuff. It was a great weekend, though I skipped the Saturday morning sessions to bake 9 loaves of Rustic Light Rye Levain. No pictures, as the camera was at the conference (woops). Ah, well, the loaves were lovely, take my word for it. Megan and I cut into a loaf hot out of the oven (with butter and jam, to die for). Now I've got a busy week of reading and writing ahead, picking up a couple 50 lb. bags of flour, and getting ready for Micro-Bakery Cycle II. Peace.

1 comment: